- Aerospace & defence
- Construction & infrastructure
- Food & beverages
- Leisure & hospitality
- Metal fabrication
- Mobility & transport
- Pharma & biotechnology
- Power & energy
- Rubber & plastics
- Pulp & paper
- Steel & metals
Striking the right balance between profitability and competitiveness is no easy task for steel manufacturers. It calls for vigilant control over fuel consumption, resource management, efficiency, productivity and quality.
We can help you meet these challenges through innovative industrial gas applications.
Full value chain
We offer dedicated applications for all steps in the steel mill process chain, extending from ironmaking and steelmaking through metalworking to heat treatment. Regardless of whether your production is based on ore or scrap, our solutions deliver proven efficiency gains.
Our customised blast furnace solutions for oxygen enrichment and purging can help you increase production capacity, decrease coke consumption, use lower-cost fuels and reduce fuel consumption.
If you operate an electric arc furnace (EAF), you can rely on our cost-saving oxyfuel solutions to produce liquid steel to your specifications. These are delivered through our partner MORE, which supplies a wide range of EAF steelmaking packages, including burners and injection equipment.
In addition, our OXYGON® system delivers proven efficiency gains during vessel preheating. And at the refining stage, we supply gases such as argon and nitrogen to remove hydrogen, non-metallic inclusions and unwanted trace elements.
Metalworking (rolling and forging)
Oxyfuel technologies under our REBOX® brand can increase your throughput, cut energy costs and reduce emissions in the reheat furnaces.
We have perfected a wide range of heat treatment processes, all dedicated to helping you achieve the microstructure, physical properties and surface properties you need.
- Annealing in a protective nitrogen atmosphere to reduce oxidation and discolouration
- Carburising & carbonitriding to achieve the desired surface hardness
- Galvanising to increase strength, formability, corrosion resistance, etc. through zinc coating
- Hardening, tempering and austempering to make the steel stronger and more resistant to wear
- Nitriding & nitrocarburising to improve wear resistance through low-temperature treatments
- Quenching and cooling to ensure the right hardness and microstructure
- Sub-zero treatments to remove retained austenite from quenched components and tools and to increase the wear resistance of tools and stabilise components.