- Gases & Equipment
- Atmospheric Gases
- Fuel Gases
- Electronic Gases and Chemicals
- Food Chilling & Cooling
- Food Freezing
- Food Grade Gases
- Gas Mixtures
- Packaged Chemicals
- Refrigerants - landing page
- Welding and Safety Products
- Speciality Gases Overview
- Supply Modes
Sulfur dioxide (SO2) is normally available in cylinders and drum tanks. Linde is also able to offer ISO tank container delivery in some markets.
Sulfur dioxide has a number of applications in food and beverage preservation. Linde is able to offer food grade product to meet these needs.
Packaged sulphur dioxide is used by a range of industries and applications, including:
- Food & Beverages: Water treatment, disinfecting and fumigation; bleaching agent for oils and foods and preservative for beer & wine, canned & bottled foods and dried fruits (E220)
- Glass: Glass polishing and acidfying agent in float glass production
- Steel & Metals: For extraction of some metals from their respective ores.